– Is sustainability beautiful? A lecture by architect Massimo Iosa Ghini, Wednesday 7 March 2018, 6.30pm, The Italian Cultural Institute, London (UK)
In this lecture, Massimo Iosa Ghini will talk about the humanistic idea of careful design typical of the Made in Italy tradition, which combines energy saving and environment integration techniques without losing sight of the idea of expressing an aesthetic opinion, a character, a style.
On the occasion of the second edition of the Italian Design Day, in collaboration with the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism, the Italian Trade Agency, Fondazione la Triennale di Milano, Fondazione ADI-Compasso d’Oro, Salone del Mobile di Milano, Fondazione Altagamma.
– We are sad that the great artist and friend Giampaolo Talani (our honorary member) has lelf us. RIP dear Giampaolo! Below a happy moment with him in Berlin (East Side Gallery).
– An interview to Luca Ticini for the Italian magazine Focus on art, brain and wellbeing (Dec 2017-Jan 2018).
– A new article entitled “Modulating mimetic preference with theta burst stimulation of the inferior parietal cortex”.
– An artwork by Ticini published in the book “Un giorno in redazione. Giornalismo e arte contemporanea” by Carmelita Brunetti, ed. Vertigo.
– A new article on the brain areas involved in aesthetics (link)
– 7 April 2017: Dr. Ticini participated in a discussion panel with architect Massimo Iosa Ghini in occasion of international event Salone del Mobile in Milano, benchmark event for the furnishing and design sectors (link1, link2).
– 17 March 2017: Dr. Ticini gave a talk on art an the brain at the University of Bologna, Italy. “Perché ci piace quello che ci piace. La fruizione estetica dal punto di vista della neurofisiologia”. (leaflet)
– Until February 2017: “The physics of light and the perception of colour in Giacomo Balla’s oeuvre” by Luca F. Ticini, printed in the catalogue of the exhibition “Futur Balla”, Fondazione Ferrero, Alba, Italy
-6 February 2017, Milano (3PM): Dr. Ticini introduced the theme “Perché piace ciò che piace (Why we like what we like)” at the Center for Excellence on Neurodegenerative disorders at the University of Milano, Italy. Place: Aula Magna dell’Università degli Studi di Milano, in via Festa del Perdono. (click HERE to see the whole program)
-28 September 2016: Dr. Ticini discussed art (dance & figurative art) and the brain at Il Bello dell’Italia #ilbellodellitalia. Trieste, Italy. An event organised by “Corriere della Sera”. Article (in Italian) Video (in Italian)